View Single Post
E-85 sippin drunk

When I got my 3.2 L intake Extrude honed... I had them do a before and after flow test. The flow was not dramatically improved... which is what I expected. I did not do the Extrudehone to make major increases in air flow... but mearly to even out what was already there. The 3.2L intake is much better than the stock 3.3L intake as it is, so I was not looking to make huge gains...

When the intake came back, it looked very nice inside. It had an increase of 35 to 40 CFM more than what it had before the process... what it DID do, is even out the runners. Before they were within 20 CFM of each other..when it came back, they were all within 5 CFM of each other. I would think that the closer the individual cylinders are to each other, the smoother the running of the motor... and the most important part IMHO...is the more even the A/F's will be...and that my friend..is the name of the game... ( A/F)

I am also going to start out by running the stock 3.2L TB....and maybe down the road change it.. I dont want to go too big though... you will be playing hell with off idle A/F's when you step off from an idle...
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 09-23-2007, 07:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)