View Single Post

I did some research on this stuff last night. Apparently, our K27 is a "K27-3" model. They use the K27 all over the place but mostly on trucks made by Mercedes. The "-3" is unique to Porsche models though. I woudl imagine it has something to do with the mounting holes. However, there was not much information on the discs. Not to offend the guys that make their living off selling these parts... but, it would seem to me that real KKK stuff is available out there at a somewhat reduced price. Alternative sourcing has always fascinated me so I found it interesting to see what other models the K27 was used on. So, if we had a junkyard full of European semi-trucks we coudl probably source these things pretty cheap. When I got my Delortto carbs for my 914 I found that they are an extremely common part found in Italian junkyards but if you bought them domestically they might serve as grounds for divorce. I woudl imagine that if the guys who sell these for a living could find them for a cheaper price they could pass along those savings and get a lock on the market!!! Anyway, we occasionally whine about P-Car part prices so I figured I woudl do a little research. The nice part about the tuner shops is that you know you are buying something that will bolt right up and work...usually
Engine Rebuild & Restorations
Old 09-25-2007, 09:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)