View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliporsche View Post
Anybody in the Northeast! I have exhausted all remedies for my non starting 88 951, the last thing to try is the DME. If I can get a hold of one on loan and it turns out to be the dme, I will purchase if the price is reasonable. I said reasonable becuase the car is sitting at the body shop half way through a ~$3600 and rising body work and paint job and I'm committed to the last half of the bill after I get it running again.
Did you try changing the klr box?My 88 wouldn't start and a Rennlister suggested it could be the klr so I swapped in a spare and the car fired right up.
There is also a way to get the spark signal to bypass the klr box with a jumper wire.You may want to search the posts over at Rennlist for more info.Or at least check to see it your getting spark.

I would also pull the fuel rail to make sure your injectors are squirting fuel.I had 2 of them lock up on me in an 86 944 I picked up.

Good luck.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)