View Single Post

Garage
I'm nor sure I understand the problem here either. As 2.7RACER points out, everything is keyed so the parts cannot turn relative to each other. I am wondering if the problem is just that the dial indicator moves when you tighten the nut - not that the timing is changing, just the cam is rotating slightly from the torque. I tighten my nut with the crow's foot and hold the cam with the socket. While tightening, I don't pay any attention to whether or not the cam moves slightly - I am holding the torque with the socket, not the chains. Then I spin the engine over a couple of times and check how well I did at setting the timing. I don't try and hold the cam and check the timing without turning it over once. I never understood the need for the instruction in Wayne's book to hold the cam from moving.

It could also be that your sprocket and pin are worn out and not a tight fit anymore - and the sprocket is turning relative to the cam.

Last edited by Walter_Middie; 09-29-2007 at 07:40 AM..
Old 09-29-2007, 07:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)