View Single Post

I was not able to get to this today as I was stuck at a house I am helping rehab. Thanks for all the info guys. Mike Bruns From JB racing PMed me and gave me some pointers as well. The keys are definately installed, as they were a bit of a pain to get in since the cams are brand new so I know this was not forgotten. Sprockets did have quite a few miles on them, but still are within tolerences.

Tomorrow I will be doing the following:
1. Oil the face of the spocket, washer, nut, and threads on cam.
2. Lock the flywheel
3. Figure out a way to hold the cam so it doesn't move at all (this will be the trickiest part)
4. Tighten up the chains even more (I doubt this will be possible b/c they are already so tight)

Mike also reinforced that the timing will change and I will have to compensate for this. Hopefully using the oil will help keep this range around the same, unlike the huge differences I was getting before.

Thanks again for everyones input. Sand_man and I tried a many different ways to get this to work, but now I feel confident having some more techniques in the "bag of tricks"

I will let you guys know which way worked the best. Wish me luck!
06 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon: Tow Vehicle
Old 09-29-2007, 09:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)