Thread: To Rich?
View Single Post
Registered Abuser

To Rich?

Last week I noticed that my '87 930 was not accelerating as strongly or as smoothly as it had previously. It's as if the carís boost is being restricted when accelerating. The problem is worse now, it is intermittent I do have AFR meter on its way. The exhaust pipes inside are dark in color. I have been paranoid about getting it too lean and think if I am missing it I am missing it on the rich side. I noticed this two weeks ago at the track on 1.6 mile straights. I do not think I am getting any detonation (I have experienced it briefly in air cooled aircraft engines in power descents in the past, scary knocking sounds) I have been very careful to run 100 Octane fuel, it even occurred at the track with 50% 93 octane & 50% 100LL aviation fuel. The car is configured as follows.

1.0bar Boost Spring
Kokeln IC
IA Fuel Head
K27HF Turbo
SC Cams
K&N filter
B&B Headers with Heat
B&B Muffler
1987 930

John Walker did my PPI in July and I think He felt it was to rich at that time. Could it have gotten richer or gone lean ? 1000 miles ago
Whatís going on any ideas? I will check it out when I learn how the meter works.
Your thoughts?
I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth - Steve McQueen
американский
Old 09-30-2007, 06:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)