View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
The first muffler I produced was the stock outlet single. I put it on the dyno and got into some bad heat soak due to the 100* temps we were seeing at that time (the basline Euro muffler dyno was done with temps in the 70's). Even with the intercooler too hot to touch the muffler gained a few HP over the stock Euro.

The real gains are not on the dyno. The engine breaths so much better. You can feel it on the butt dyno and experience the tach swinging much more freely in the higher RPMs. Then there is the sound. The turbo whizz and the cackle are addicting, the car becomes an entertainment center.

The above system is very simple and clean showing nothing but the tips. The 3" ID muffler has such a short distance to the outlet that it becomes little more than a glorified Zork tube. I plan to add sound deadening material to the muffler body before production to quiet it as much as possible.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)