View Single Post

Strange problem!

This problem is just weird. My heater system on the 1976 930 is basically a rotary dial between the seats where the parking brake is located, with a red 'emergency' handle next to the parking brake.

So yesterday, I turned the dial to '1' and got some heat. Then I turned the dial off, only the heat didn't go away for my entire hour long trip. The 'emergency' heat handle stayed up, in the 'on' position even though I turned off the heat dial.

So, when I turned the car off and later turned it on, the 'e' handle had returned to the off position, and there was thankfully no heat.

This morning, I turned the car on and the 'e' handle suddenly raised up and on came my heat, only it was 80 out and I had not requested heat.

So I turned off the car.

Then I turned the car back on and the 'e' heat handle lowered itself and my heat was off again!

WTF??????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????

Can I detach the 'emergency' heat lever from the guiding arm it is on, and move it independently without damaging it? My owner's manual says I can take out the bolt that holds the 'e' heat handle to it's lever arm. Can I leave it unbolted?

It was hotter than the gates of hell with heat on a 80 degree day.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)