View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonE View Post
I found that removing the spare tire up front threw off the balance (understeer) of the car. I put it back and corner balanced it. Since you removed so much everywhere, you might not notice.

I also put Recaro Sport seats in place of stock and saved another 35 pounds over stock.

I replaced the stock Fuchs with Fikse 17 wheels and Goodyear F1 tires. They are about 5 lbs more per corner, but much bigger/better tire selection without throwing the 1979 designed steering geometry out of whack.

Ever since I installed 100 lb rear helper springs, and set them to come into play (stop the full squat) under full accel, I can not get the tires to break loose in a straight line. If I set the springs to full contact (firm), I can break the tire loose at will.

I also have a fiberglass rear deck and front/rear bumpers (bumpers - yah, right).

My car is 2650 with 1/2 tank.
Interesting...What brand of helper springs did you use? How do you install them, is it hard? I never thought you could adjust the springs to only 'come on' during full throttle.

Did you do any reinforcements for the springs, or is it not needed with such low force springs (100 lbs.)?
Old 10-02-2007, 07:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)