View Single Post

Red Line - Which Grade?

With all the changes occurring with the OTC engine oils, I have decided to go with the High Dollar stuff during my next oil change. I have read many threads on this board and as a result of availability, have decided to go with Red Line (I have access to a warehouse full of the stuff). I am wondering, based on the following situation, which grade to go with; 10W40, 15W50 or 20W50? The car is a stock '89 930 that is driven mostly on the street with a couple of DE's a year. It is driven year round (about 3,00 miles) on nice days in Virginia (read: HOT Summers, mild winters - thanks to global warming). I am currently running Rotella T and the car on cool days has oil temps just above the first white line, on hot days it can get to just below the second white line in traffic.
As an alternative to Red Line, I was thinking about Swepco 306. I have access to it (just not as convenient). Any help or experience would be appreciated .
Old 10-02-2007, 12:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)