View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
OH...THE HUMANITY! So going forward, Dave, what are your thoughts on the dreaded oil debate? Also, what's in store for the engine? Quick and dirty tear down and rebuild - or going kookoo?
The engine is back together, replaced the spray bars, put the damaged rockers back in ......just kidding, flushed the system as best I could, new rockers, elephant feet, rocker shafts and reinstalled the original SC cam the Special Wishes people had in there in the first place. Later, I'll using Dougherty 964 cams in the car, but now, I just want to drive it!

Don't get me wrong, the extreme oil temperatures were the culprit. I really do feel the synthetic oils give you that extra margin of safety on the turbocharger bearing and valve train when it comes to events like this.

These engines ARE not designed for low engine speeds. Never lug the engine below 2K RPM and never, never allow yourself to sit stuck in a traffic jam for extended periods of time. There just isn't enough oil volume going to the heads to keep the temps down.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P

Last edited by WERK I; 10-02-2007 at 02:12 PM.. Reason: forget a segment
Old 10-02-2007, 02:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)