View Single Post
Registered

total electrical cutout!

Who's car looks better on a flatbed? I was driving 40 mph and had a total electrical shutdown right in the middle of the road. No guages, lights, windows or radio. The starter does not turn, no fuel pumps firing, the hazards do not work and the electromotive crankfire led is not powered. Am I correct that all power runs through the ignition switch? Fuses are all intact. Cable running from battery to the starter was just a little warm when I went into the boot. Sidebar, I did install a new hi torque starter two days ago, could this have any impact? Not exactly what I had in mind when I went out for a spin... BTW, when you call the tow in make sure you request a flatbed with the additionad boards, this would've been impossible without them.
Tom

Last edited by slyguy; 10-02-2007 at 09:05 PM..
Old 10-02-2007, 09:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)