View Single Post

1994 911 Turbo Smoking, Can't Figure This out!

Help!

I'm at wits end.

I'm billowing blue smoke. Then engine was rebuilt 5000 miles ago and runs great, but when the car gets warmed up, MASSIVE amounts of blue smoke come out of the exhaust!

I realized I hadn't rebuilt the turbo when I had the engine rebuilt, so I pulled it and sent it off to Turbochargers.com. I thought perhaps the seals were leaking that that was where the oil was coming from.

I put the rebuilt turbo on the car and the problem persists. After I drove the car oil was DRIPPING out of each tailpipe.

The engine oil is at the right level, and the engine pressure reads normal on the gauge. I replaced the air filter in case that was part of the problem.

So ASSUMING the rebuild on the turbo was done properly, and assuming the same for the engine 5000 miles ago, what can the problem be? Can blowby account for this much oil, and if so how do I determine that?

I'm reading about the possibility of a "plugged engine crankcase breather" but I can't seem to find it, does my car have one? (my repair manual has been on backorder FOREVER!)

How could I test for a restriction in the turbo oil drain line?

I'm truly stumped, ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated. There's not a good mechanic nearby.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)