View Single Post

Garage
I, too, was in love with my car when shopping. If I only knew now what I didn't know then.....
Went with the P-wrench who serviced it for the PO's 9 years of ownership....that's with a rebuild (top/bottom) at mid 90K's......When I looked at the invoice for that work,..I nearly became sick (at the thought of ME being confronted with an $18K invoice,..yes, it included MANY other things on top of the rebuild,...) BUT STILL,....

I took the guys at their word (their reputations are well-standing, for sure) and felt like not batting an eye at the $22K asking price for this '89 Silver Anniversary Coupe,..considering what had been done ..I purchased the car at 113K miles.....I was quite lucky, I guess , that I was dealing with honest folks and got a great condition car with much, much life still left on it..... HOWEVER,..she had a cracked dash (I thought: no bigee). Later, I discover the cost of a replacement factory dash and wish I had of tried to negotiate the difference ($1,650, parts alone!) Now, the first "P" in PPI means "POST"..oh well,..I consider myself lucky,..now, about one year later into ownership, having LIVED with this car, making sure ALL is tended to, ALWAYS............................................ .......roll of the dice,..no boxcars here...luckily.

I'll not do it that way again (irregardless of successful gambling)...thanks to Pelican Newsgroup.....................I now know the difference.

Someone who maintains a board such as this will get EVERY LAST BIT OF MY BUSINESS, down to a frikin' screw....the information in this group is priceless,..the people are great, as well.

Please, keep it going!!!!!!

Best,
25th Anniversary Special Edition
Middle Georgia
Old 10-04-2007, 01:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)