View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne at Pelican Parts View Post
the Ferrari 308. While I would stop short of calling that purchase a mistake, I would say that over the long run, I was quite disappointed in the car. My wife's current Honda minivan was way faster than that car. When the car was cold, you couldn't make left turns on the road because it had absolutely no low-end torque, and if you didn't rev it high, it would stall, and you would be killed by oncoming traffic. Still, it was indeed one of the best looking cars around, but that really was what it was - all looks and no performance. I had mistakenly assumed that because it was a Ferrari and it was red, that it was also fast and handled well. It literally felt like it handled like a truck. Very stylish, but a very stylish truck.
I'm glad that now that you sold the doggy 308, you can finally admit the truth! Which I posted on many threads, usually to be met with scorn by most. (I also had one, so I knew!). Crappy cars that are no fun to drive. (BTW, I saw your sale on eBay, congrats on getting top dollar for a repainted, over 50,000 mile '78/'79! That sales price was very strong).

959, sheesh, that's "over-penance!" Super cool, esp. since it's a "project" 959. Can't wait to see you dig into it!
Old 10-04-2007, 11:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)