View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
This is why I love this forum, all you guys adding input makes alot of info available.
I did some more testing today, as it was 85 here in Detroit, and I think the fenderwell stat is bad. The oil temps after my drive were at 250 and the oil lines to the front cooler were cold. They were hot at the connection to the T-stat and got progressively colder about a foot away from the connection.....probably due to convection from the t-stat itself.
I will take it apart tomorrow and test the unit. I was thinking of submerging it in a pot of hot water......as it is easier to tell the temp as it boils at 212 and the t-stat should be fully open by then. I do not see a problem with using water to test it as it should not rust as long as it is dried properly and lubed after.

Fred
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 10-06-2007, 08:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)