View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by oms930 View Post
That's good to hear about the 993 console as that is what I just ordered. I already started getting concerned....will report when I have received my item.
Almost forgot to report back....

I did receive the 993 center console on Sept 20th as they promised. Having had a G64/51 fitted in my 930 which required for a little protrusion into the center console area adjacent to the rear seats, I had to request for them to do a custom mold for me. The custom job also turned out as ordered. So the part would fit well and therefore I have to report a positive experience with the item itself from Better Bodies.

Since ordering the 993 center console I have removed the leather "skirt" that the 6-speed shift knob had that did not reach all the way to the floor. Having removed that item, the knob does not look too bad to me anymore with the stock 930 center console and is the reason why I have not had it installed yet as I am now in two minds as to whether actually to do it or not.

The only thing that I would say is not as advertised is the claimed easy 10 minute installation of the item. At least it would take me a whole lot longer to install it than 10 minutes since the existing center console needs to be removed and those A/C etc knobs would have to be refitted into the new one.

1989 930 - 3.5l - M48 - G64/51
Old 10-07-2007, 05:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)