View Single Post

Garage
Your car looks wicked on the track. You can almost feel the power in your launch pic!

The car will be a different animal with stickier rubber. I've been tracking my 930 steadily for about three years now, and let me tell ya, it's a slippery slope. Maybe you want to experiment with some DOT rubber that is more street-friendly, such as the new NT-01, or the tried & true Victoracer (What I run at the moment). The Hoosiers will probably wear out much faster, and might not be as progressive as the more moderate Nittos or Kumho tires. Getting the setup to work for your driving style might be easier as well.

930's are a blast on the track, and any mods to make them better adapted to the track (seats, harnesses, roll bar) are well worth it, IMHO. After all, where can you truly push these cars to the limit, lap after lap, and get away with it except on the track?

How's your alignment? That would have a big impact on the feel of the car as well. Some 930 guys have used helper springs on the rear to dial out squat. Don E & Craig RSR come to mind. Maybe they'll chime in.

Awesome car, thanks for the pics,
Old 10-09-2007, 01:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)