View Single Post

964 leaking rainwater

Can anybody help, please, with advice about my problem of a Carrera 4 Coupe (1989) which is leaking significant amounts of rainwater. This is accumulating underneath the rear seats and in the right hand side rear footwell. It is also damp in the sound proofing behind the rear seat backs. Initially I thought this was due to a blocked exit drain from the sunroof but, now they both appear to be working effectively, I am not so sure. I recently took it to my regular garage who said they had applied a hose to it and the seals on the back window and rear quarter windows were o.k. Again, I am not so sure - I wonder whether there is room for the water to somehow run into the car between a perished rear seal into the seat backs (though how it gets to the rear footwell remains even more of mystery to me. Lastly, I could tell myself that the sound proofing within the engine bay (and adjacent to the seat backs) is spongy and damp - I do not see how rainwater can get to this via the engine compartment but does this indicate a faulty rear window seal? Any response would be very helpful as the UK winter approaches and the car remains basically undriveable though inside mist (or ice!)
Old 10-09-2007, 11:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)