View Single Post

David,

I'm glad to hear you hit the track with your car. Nice pictures. Where were your oil temps and IC inlet temps that day?

My car is a squatter like yours. Over the winter, I plan to remedy that, most likely with helper springs. I have 31 mm rear bars as well. You may already know about this, but Rebel racing offers a kit to put coils over a stock (non-threaded body) Bilstein shock. Here's their site:
http://www.rebelracingproducts.com

I have stock brakes with proper front ducting, Porterfield R4 pads and Motul 600 brake fluid. I, too, get a little softness in the pedal at the end of a 1/2 hour track session, but it's not too objectionable. I switched from Ate Super Blue to Motul, and it made absolutely no difference. I may try switching pads to something different (or try another trick or two) to see if I can "insulate" the fluid a bit better. If that's not successful, I'll have to go to different brakes, which I really don't want to do. The balance and feel of these brakes is fantastic, and I like that they're relatively light (and that I own them!).

Rob
Old 10-10-2007, 12:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)