View Single Post

Porsche Crest It's all about the challenge!

Hello All,

As Rory mentioned on the previous page, there are cars which are easier to drive....especially the later Porsches. But...with all the power-assist this and anti-lock that....traction control...etc, one looses touch with the road and his driving machine. I would much rather drive my car than have the car drive for me.

As far as the choice between an 80's carrera and a 930.....hands down the 930. The 80's carrera are a fantastic work horse with decent performance, but nothing matches the "challenge" offered by the 930. In addition, I believe the 930 to be the best base-car to upgrade. Big power plant...big brakes.....big suspension....flares...bullet proof trans...etc.

As far as which 930....I vote 78-79 hands down. The early 930's lacked big brakes...and an intercooler. While the later ones were heavier, and smogged-up with a CAT. The 79 and early US 930 are all non-catylist vehicles. As far as the advantage of the 89 5spd.....just change the R&P.

I've owned mine since 1999...and all I can say is....nothing else can do what a 930 can!!!

Paul
Old 10-11-2007, 11:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)