View Single Post

Porsche Crest IMO...it's not bad at all!

Fred,

IMO...it's not bad at all! As I mentioned previously, this is a street car (never track'd?Although near track ready) and I drive the car on the weekends 30 miles each way to Cars & Coffee in Irvine CA/GAP.

Although I no longer use my 930 as a daily driver, I would describe the ride as sporty. It is not as plush as a factory 930 but not as rough as rough as a track car. I believe that is due in part to using Bilsteins vs RSR w/helpers. The road condition here in Southern Cal in general is good to very good.

To the best of my knowledge, the 930 is the heaviest model in the pre-90's 911 series. The peak near 3000 lbs fully dressed. My car, post mod's, weighs under 2700 lbs. As a result, my car would ride more firm than a factory 930.

Another issue would be the type of seats you use. Since I use Recaro SRD's, I have a happy medium between full race seats and standard seats. My wife and I drove 100 miles one way to the German Auto Fest in September. She did not complain of the ride once. Her only complaints would be:

Too noisy (Prototype RSR muffler by RarlyL8
No A/C (Factory air in 79 was worthless IMO)
Car not 4 Dr (She likes 4 doors)

So, a lot depends on the combination of components and what type of driving you plan to do. One note....I was going for the stiffer ride to mimic the factory RSR race car and to give it the nimble feeling of my 70 911. I guess it is all to preference. Logically, if my car weight of under 2700 was dropped to 2400 with the same components, the car would ride stiffer.

Hope that helps.

Paul
Old 10-11-2007, 11:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)