View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschephd View Post
The system is junk. Both the 1st and second generations. We are seeing real issues now with the 997TT systems. After 5-6 track events consider 25K in your budget to replace the rotors and bads.

As suggested pull the system and look at Brembo and or swap the rotors to the steel version and run different pads.

Here is what I run on mine.

A tad off topic Stephen but that's your 997 with the Dymag's on it correct? How do you like those carbon hoops? I bet they more than make up for the unsprung weight increase in swapping from pccb to steel rotors

The pccb rotor issue seems to have been known since track day one and has yet to be resolved, yet Porsche still claims their absurd price tag on the option. I know a couple local 997TT owner have brought their cars back in to the dealer for PCCB upgrades and sold the OEM steel setup, obviously not for track or uneducated in the matter. I feel bad for the C-GT owners who really track their cars, 15" carbons all around with center lock hat setups can't be cheap!

I have a cracked and disintegrated pccb v1 rotor from a 996 GT3 that I'm eventually going to turn into a wall clock. Seems fitting but what a waste right......
Old 10-12-2007, 12:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)