View Single Post
Author of "101 Projects"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil Ferch View Post
Just as a point of reference.... the non-functioning power seat switches often don't work *simply* because the contact points ( yeah...like old distributor points) get cruddy and carboned-up. If you take the switch apart ( easy...but be carefull of the little ball-bearings), and swipe some emery paper underneath the contact points ( shaping a strip of emery paper or sandpaper as a long "rope" and using a pull-up-on-alternate-side technique)...I have found I can get EVERY bad switch I've come across back to life. I think the $130 cost is plain stupid for this switch....whether one can afford a 959 or not doesn't make it ( in my mind) any less stupid, as an item of cost relative to what it is.
Yes, indeed, I took the switch apart already, but someone else was already in there, and had lost one of the springs, so I had to order a new one, which fixed the problem pronto...

-Wayne
101 Projects for Your BMW 3-Series 101 Projects for Your Porsche 911 How to Rebuild & Modify Porsche 911 Engines 101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster & Cayman 101 Projects for Your Porsche 996 / 997 SPEED READ: Porsche 911 (October 2018)

Check out our new site: Dempsey Motorsports
Old 10-13-2007, 10:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)