View Single Post

sounds like clayton has you going down the correct path. with the price of fuel these days the mallory will start to pay for itself right off the bat (i run one). the smaller of the gallon per minute rating cb pumps will work just fine. no need to purchase a fp gauge unless you absolutely want one. i run 40 idfs w/28mm venturis on a 2.0 fi engine. good bottom end and the enigne pulls nicely to 5.5k. the stock BIG fuel filters work great. i'll presume clatyon mentioned the jumper wire trick at the engine relay board to power the pump using the stock wiring harness and relay. if you buy a mallory and are unsure of how to hook it up, ASK QUESTIONS!! do it wrong, and it will prob cost you countless hours and $100 to rectify the the "no spark" issue. DO NOT power the pump off of the coil! the jumper wire will spare you having to run a long power lead to the fuse panel under the dash. if you purchase a mallory from jake raby it will come to you with the correct springs, ready to install.

k
Old 10-14-2007, 06:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)