Thread: CDI question
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoats View Post
Thanks guys, CO at idle is 3%, after a couple days of driving problem for whatever reason not doing it that much, but do need to give more gas however to get rolling than I did before???
If something is not leaking air into your intake like we have mentioned, and your car is tuned right, then you would think that it is a clogged fuel filter or anything keeping gas from getting to the manifold if you need MORE gas to get it going. That is the opposite of being too rich, of course.

Some of those CIS style valve cleaner treatments will clean out your CIS system of carbon deposits. The Sauber valve cleaning bottle is good.

Keep in mind that these cars don't drive right until they are warmed up when it is cold out. My car takes ten minutes before I can get on the gas when the temperature is below about 60. It feels really sluggish before getting warmed up, hesitant. The problem goes away when the car is 180 degrees.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)