View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
For those that suffered the same catastrophic failure as I, a thorough in cleaning up the oil lines, coolers and head areas will be in order. The amount of metal particulates suspended in the oil is astounding. I flushed out the lines, coolers, tank with kerosene until the old oil was flushed out and the flushing medium had become clear.
I cleaned the engine sump area around the pump by removing one of the oil drainage tubes from the heads to the case, spraying the in the sump area with fuel injector cleaner until the liquid coming out the drain spout was clear. Once the cleaner was out, I sprayed the sump area with Sta-Bil Engine Fogger to put a fine coat of oil on the engine internals.
The head area which includes the cam towers must be cleaned up. There will be fine particles of metal scattered around the tower, head and valve cover. Plug the oil drainage tube openings to prevent the cleaning solution from entering the sump area. I used fuel injector cleaner in the area and followed up with the fogger covering everything and some moly on the lobes.
Once the engine was back in the car, I ran the engine about 10 minutes, changed the oil(10-30 dino) and filter. Took the car for a drive so the front oil lines would circulate the oil. Changed the oil and filter again. Took it for another drive (about 20 minutes) drained the oil, changed the filter, and then put in the 20-50W Synthetic.
So far, so good........
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 10-15-2007, 06:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)