View Single Post
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by milt View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Hard work to do a repaint and not have it show. Black over metallic black made that job much easier.

As I said before, the car is beautiful. No need to repaint it again.
+1. Also wondering if all 959s were painted flat black on their inner sections. I'll do some research on that here. I peeled the trunk carpeting back on every one of the 15+ 959s that were at Canepa's when I was there, but I can't remember the color of the inner surfaces on 959s.

They may be body color, as on most production Porsches, but they may not have been, too.

My main reason for looking into all those trunks was to see if the Bauer body numbers corresponded to the VINs, which they did not. I suspect Bauer built the bodies and sent them to Porsche, where they were pushed into storage and then pulled out as needed -- hence the random body number sequence when compared to VINs. And there was a big variance...

As for this car's current state, I am in 100% agreement with Milt. This car is beautiful as is. And there are enough "plastic bag" 959s out there already to represent the model. I'm excited that this one has fallen into hands that are not afraid to tear into it and fix things sensibly. And hands that will use it.

Prove me right, Wayne.

pete
Old 10-17-2007, 12:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)