View Single Post

Though I can't predict the rate that the turbo will continue produce coke, I have been concerned that the filter would not have enough capacity with the 3k miles between oil changes. I have about 600 miles on the filter since those last pictures were taken. I will recheck it at 1k miles when I adjust the valves and change the oil again.

I do think I know the failure mode though. I discovered that without the scavenge pump, the car smokes like a sky-writing plane. I anticipate than if the filter clogs I will see the same display as the oil is pushed past the turbo seals.

I am still considering a screw-on type oil filter. I would install it by ordering one of those fender-mount oil filter relocation kits and making some aeroquip lines. It should probably be placed after the scavenge pump and before the tank. There is room on the chassis to mount the filter on the right-front side of the engine. I would have to find adapters for the hard line that passes over the bellhousing and pick up the pressure side there.

Last edited by ayglass; 10-18-2007 at 08:33 AM..
Old 10-18-2007, 08:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)