View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
I had heard that it does go back thru the main oil filter from the engine turbo oil sump pump discharge side. The turbos were fitted with a Sportomatic oil tank which has the additional fittings you need for the oil coming from the turbo oil pump. There is an extra fitting on the tank that is capped off on the turbo because this serves as the supply side for the sportomatic oil pump if it were being used.
If you look at the exploded view diagrams of the turbo/sportomatic oil tank it looks like the oil return line from the turbo oil pump goes thru the filter too.....it only makes sense that Porsche would have thought of this.
Someone let me know if I am wrong......the parts diagrams may exist on Pelican even.

Fred
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 10-18-2007, 02:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)