View Single Post
Author of "101 Projects"
Here are the indentations as they are installed in the lock cylinder. Again, make sure this lines up with the little pin in the switch.

When the assembly is snapped onto the door handle, I recommend putting the key in the lock and testing both positions of the key / switch with a multimeter. The one I have shown here tests for continuity by beeping. Very handy, so that you don't have to continually look at the gauge. I think this one is $10 at Radio Shack.

Here we are preparing the door panel with an Appbiz (where did he get that name from) moisture barrier. Although not original to the 959, it's a very good upgrade to protect the door panel from car wash water or the occassional rain.

When putting the door panel back on, make sure that you have all of the door clips installed, and replace them if they are old and brittle, or missing altogether. On this panel, there were only three. On BMW panels, there seem to be about 10-15 of them.

I removed the plastic speaker enclosure so that I could get a better idea on where to cut the circle for the speaker hole.

Door panel installed. I'm still wondering how they managed to get that black overspray on the door panel. Again, though this is completely covered by the door pockets and their upper lid, so I'm not going to try to remove it at this time.
Wayne R. Dempsey, Founder, Pelican Parts Inc., and Author of:
101 Projects for Your BMW 3-Series 101 Projects for Your Porsche 911 How to Rebuild & Modify Porsche 911 Engines 101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster & Cayman 101 Projects for Your Porsche 996 / 997
Coming Soon:
SPEED READ: Porsche 911 (October 2018)
Old 10-19-2007, 11:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)