View Single Post

I know you're all done already with your project, and give me a shout anytime you need some help.

Slightly off topic, goes with previous posts, but I don't like the thought of boost creep at all. This can cause serious damage if your car isn't prepared to handle the extra boost. This is one of the main reasons I'm hesitating putting on my GHL headers and a K27. My first mod was a .8 spring and so far I've hit whatever my spring is every time like clockwork. Now I've put in a 1.0 bar spring removed the CAT and put on a GHL muffler with a larger B&B intercooler. I've made sure my AFR is set correctly using a Gunson tester and I hit 1bar every single time.

I guess my question is why is there boost creep? What causes it? Does it just blow by the wastegate? I've noticed a trend being with the guys with the Tial wastegates. Anyone have boost creep with the stock wastegate and aftermarket headers/turbo?

BSiple - you shouldn't ever hit your overboost with a .8 spring. That is some serious boost creep IMO. I wonder what boost you'd have if you just used your .3 spring. 1.0 bar?
Old 10-22-2007, 05:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)