View Single Post
Author of "101 Projects"

Okay, with the door stuff done, I started to think about how to fix the turbo boost problem. For those of you who read the previous threads, I was experiencing boost from the 2nd turbo, but not the 1st one, and driving around, it sounded like the wastegate was stuck open. I didn't think it was the wastegate, because that would have affected both turbos, but I wasn't too sure, so I figured I would start taking things apart and seeing if I found anything obvious.

First step is to remove the gold-colored panels that cover the exhaust and the twin intercoolers:

The left and right panels are made out of carbon-kevlar, and the center panel is metal (not sure if it's aluminum or steel, I didn't look too closely). All three are painted this cool, gold color which makes the whole engine bay really stand out. Those two yellow things on each side of the engine bay are flaps for the oil doors (left is oil for the shock leveling system, right is the standard oil-door, like on my 1972 911). Lift the flap and the door opens.

Here is the underside of the right side panel, you need to disconnect the cable that goes to the doors from each panel prior to removal:

101 Projects for Your MINI Cooper
Old 10-22-2007, 09:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)