View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
That is true, cold air is never a negative. In the real world though the emphasis is significance.
Based on the design constraints of a typical 930 tail, if your choice is to give cold air to the air filter at the expense of giving cold air to the intercooler I would always vote intercooler. If you can find a way to give to both without taking from either its all good!
What I found with my application was that completely blocking off the air to anything other than the intercooler eleminated heat soak completely, even while stationary at ide. The fan pulled all the air through the intercooler. This is the beauty of a full bay unit as well, they have enough surface area to not overwhelm the engine bay with heat. My small B&B could not do the same. I had to add a cutout for air to blow by the filter in order to feed enough to the fan for engine cooling.
So the answer is really dependant upon your design constraints.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)