View Single Post
Author of "101 Projects"

When I pulled out the pressure sensor, this mount / holder piece came out with it. I installed this one back in first, and then installed the new sensor.

Here we are all buttoned up again. I did not tighten the rubber mount that is still curing the epoxy - we'll wait on that tomorrow. A test start of the engine revealed no fuel leaks, and no obvious oil leaks either. When I installed the pressure switch I forgot to plug the harness back in (before reinstalling the throttle position sensor, and the fuel line). Doh! This made getting the connector on there quite difficult. I had to disconnect the throttle harness again, but I didn't have to mess with the fuel line. Then, I made sure that the grommet was covering the connector appropriately. Tomorrow we will put the air cleaner back on, and button the whole thing up and then test the car on the road. With the fixes done on Monday, we'll hopefully be able to somewhat test the turbo system. You really can't fully test without the appropriate boost gauge, but you can sortof tell what boost you're getting from the gauge below the tachometer (like on all turbos). If the cycle valves are functioning properly, then we should be getting close to 1.9 bar at full throttle around 3000 rpm (if memory serves me correctly).

101 Projects for Your MINI Cooper
Old 10-23-2007, 10:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)