View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdqcarrera View Post
I don't know where you are and whether you have access to other "Porschephiles," but I highly recommend you try to get rides in other 930/911's with modified suspensions to see how stiff you'd be comfortable with. Everyone's needs, expectations, desires are different not to mention driving style, road quality, etc., etc. all need to be part of the decision making process. It's very easy to make a 930 impractical, uncomfortable and user unfriendly on the street.
(Note: written by a racer head track junky ;-)
Like pdqcarrera said... not sure where you are or what other Porschephiles you're near... but rigde quality is something you want to consider.. I've been in cars that handle like they're on rails at speed.. but when time comes to take a lei surly cruise.... the thing will shock your fillings loose!

Also, a word of warning not knowing your skill level.. changing rear torsion bars can be a real PITA! If getting them out goes ok, then the challenge can be getting the new ones in at the correct angle. There are threads on this I'm sure.. but its quite a bit of trickery involved.

Then of course there is the need for proper alignment after all the work is done. Some folks even recommend both alignment and corner balancing. You should have a knowledgeable shop handle both of these operations.

Just food for thought.. good luck!

P-
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 10-25-2007, 07:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)