View Single Post

Hey Alan,

The white switch *is* the overboost switch. If the rest of the system is wired normally there is a white wire that used to come from the electrical cover on the left side of the engine compartment. This wire must be grounded for the fuel pumps to run.

The big red one is the sensor for the dashboard boost meter (in the tach dial) it's generally not too accurate and the clock-hole mounted ones are better.

That amount of oil doesn't seem unusual from my experience. How hard it's been driven lately and how much time makes the amount of oil vary.

I still have the original (and much maligned) Dilivar head studs in my car. I have 111k miles on the bottom end and no broken studs. I suspect the secret here is fully cycling the temperature of the engine whenever you drive the car. People have more trouble with them if they just pull the car out or the garage, wash it, go once around the block and then park it again. Fully warming up and actually driving these cars seems to make them last longer. (Besides it's a good excuse to drive it more ;-)
Old 10-25-2007, 01:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)