View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onboost View Post
Dated yes.. but a nice Countach will stir the soul of any true car guy... and nice ones change hands thes days at a minimum of $80K

Don't get me wrong.. I love my P-cars, but its nice to have a sassy Italian hottie around sometimes too!
I guess so. Although I had a chance to drive one back in the 80's and I was so turned off by its performance, quality of build and handling not to mention lack of visibility that they do nothing for me any more. Same with the 308 328GTS Ferrari's.

I like a good looking girl as much as anyone but the countach reminds me of the girls we joked about in college. You lusted after them all year and when you finally had your go you woke up the next morning trying to gnaw your arm off to get away and found half her face on the pillow. When the morning sun came through the window you fought to pull the blinds closed and realized it was all an illusion.

I recently had a run with a pristine red Countach front and rear wings and my little 964 C2 not even the turbo kept up move for move. Although it did sound like I was in the movie cannonball run which was rather cool.

I have a friend who owns the last Countach manufactured. The factory claims they have the last but he actually does and it still has only 700 miles on it red with palomino interior . He sold over 75% of all Countachs in the US and he owns it for one reason it is the last one. I won't bother to give you his take on the car and these were his baby's.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)