View Single Post

I have just discovered a great way of seeing the back of the engine. Point the camera and if you take enough pics, you will get lucky.
The terminal I have that is connected is the same as Beep Beeps, which I take to be the idiot light.
The one I am pondering is just hidden, further in. behind a cable. This has nothing connected, and seems to be on the breather plate.
But with the advantage of the picture, I see what appears to be another terminal off the breather plate, further in - with a piece of hose looped over it.
Any guesses on these - my oil temp/pressures gauges work OK.
If the throttle position sensor is disconnected what effect will this have,and why would they do it? I cannot find the plug. What does it loop in to?
The car is idling very fast -2000rpm. It started off cold at about 1200, which seemed fine. I expected it to drop to 900 when warm, but it increased to 2000.
Even with the idle screw wound right in, it is still too fast. Something is wrong here. The throttle linkages are all fully shut at idle.
Thx
Alan
Old 10-26-2007, 02:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)