View Single Post

Hey Alan,

My guess on the high speed idle is that they tried to "clean up" the cold-start and warm-up features as "unnecessary" . It's going to be and uphill battle to restore those if they cut things out of the harness.

From your picture here's what I see. You have black harness material where mine is brown. The wire going to the idiot light sensor comes out of the same harness on mine as the wire to the "temp switch" that we don't know for sure what it's purpose is. The vacuum switch on the breather that's looped back is visible in my pic (my secret photography trick is to take the engine out ;-) connects to the throttle on one side and the distributor on the other side. Here I have that distributor hose removed because I had to replace it. This provides for retard to the distributor during warm-up as I understand it.

If you can find all the ends to the harness cover, you might discover some mystery wires that are disconnected. Hopefully they are there, just tucked away.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)