View Single Post
resident samsquamch

Hey Bryce, how does your car run other than only being able to boost to .6 bar? Any idle problems? Abnormal backfiring? Difficulty starting? It does sound like you've got a possible boost leak. Are you sure the boost pipe is fully seated down on the turbocharger neck (sometimes hard to see) and that you've got a solid connection where the intercooler fits on the up-pipe and the throttle body (actually the BOV housing)?

One other thing, to be cautious of, is that if you need to do some twisting and turning of the up-pipe to help with fitment, that you don't accidentally cut the O-ring on the intercooler...it's not fun when the O-ring ends up in the neck of the turbo. I once had to fish one out for a friend.

As for the 3LDZ not being efficient enough...I don't know, when I had that intercooler, I used it in conjunction with a K27-7200 and it regularly saw .9 bar on an aftermarket boost gauge.

Anyway, post a picture, I want to see how it looks on your car!
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 10-29-2007, 04:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)