View Single Post
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow&rusty View Post
I remember the '80s GT5-S - stunning, I find the Panteras really matured over the years. I *REALLY* love these cars too. The Red \ tan combo is the one! I had the good fortune to spend a full Saturday afternoon with Jay Leno this summer touring his (amazing) car collection and we talked about how flimsy the Miura's panels and build quality is (he has two).

Yasin

Yasin..

Funny, I too have had the good fortune of chatting with Jay Leno, although briefly.. we were all too busy looking at the mechanical eye candy on the lawn at the Porsche 50th Anniversary celebration during the Pebble Beach Concours in 1998! What a blast! Jay is waaay cool.. down to earth, very approachable, and knows his cars!

Miuras today pose a complex restoration in sources parts. Panels as you stated were very thin and very prone to rust where attached to the frame. I've known/seen a several under restoration, or should I say reconstruction here in my area and they are very unique up close and personal...quite the beast on the road!

Those Pantera pics are nice.. black car looks to be a 70's car with the added body mods.. The red car is really hot, very few of those around as they were the last of the breed and never imported to the US. I have heard there may be one or two in the country though!

See, now you've gone and stirred up those feelings again.. I should never have let that car go! And by the way.. I had personalized plates "Brutus" and all the kids in my neighborhood swore it was a Lambo because of the Delta wing

Jeff Alton - I don't think any Pantera has a stock motor these days! They are so easy to & cheap to Mod.. produced gobs of torque too.....

Andy Glass - I remember FAF over in Tucker.. and yes you guys did have lots of Italian Exotica! I still talk to Steve Ahlgrim every now and again.. saw him at the FCA Nationals here in DC last year and at Cavallino this past January... think there were a couple of others that are now a part of Rutlands also.... small world!

You guys have got me felling nostalgic too... think I'm gonna try and find some of my old pics tonight... if I do, I'll share if I get them to scan.

P-
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 10-29-2007, 09:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)