View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayglass View Post
In the '80s I worked for a now-defunct place called FAF Motorcars. We played with lots of Italian exotica. When they moved from side-draft to down-draft carbs we asked the Lamborghini rep about the now even more restricted rear visibility. He said "Lamborghini is not to see out of, is to be seen in!"

I really think I can make a daily driver out of my 930. I have no such illusions about Italian cars...

As an aside, I drove just about everything exotic from that era. I loved the Ferrari 246 Dino and thought the Countach drove like a fast truck. I took out a customer's 930 once. I still remember that test drive. I said to myself "I've got to have one of these..." It took a while.

I would have to agree driving a Countach was like driving a semi fast truck. Not a great experience as far as I was concerned. Best yet is they say they are to be seen in and more people than not looked at me in a strange way vs when I drive my turbo I get the look of lust. LOL

Don't forget Lamborghini manufactured tractors from surplus army equipment and only made cars as a side line hobby initially. Although the Miura and a couple of other earlier lambos were great cars if not for looks alone. The Countach was not one of his better creations. IMo
Old 10-29-2007, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)