View Single Post

I think the drop-off @ 5500 is likely the 3DLZ - if it is due to the efficiency range of the SC cams, I think dyno results show that you can stretch that out a bit with a decent turbo, least, that's how I'm reading mine...

Meaning you might get results that were better yet, with cams that breathed better @ high RPM, like 964 or the next step up. But that's a slippery slope, next thing you know, you'll be porting the thing...

I have SC cams, 8:1, GHL headers, Kokeln and a K27/HF, with an EVO airbox. Factory muffler.

It feels like it just keeps going to the rev-limiter, although the dyno chart says max power @ 6100, max torque @ 5700. HP is flat, but torque is definately falling off.

My dyno guy says the mechanical VDO reads .5 bar @ 2500 RPM, with enough load, although I prefer to buzz it a little more than that, for the sake of the 915...

With SC cams and 8:1, stock headers, 3DLZ, intercooler, airbox and a loud-ass pipe you could roll a baseball through, it made peak power @ 5680 and peak torque @ 5210. HP looks pretty flat, but torque was diving quite steeply...

Both runs had a separate wastegate pipe with no muffling.

My personal butt-dyno obviously isn't worth a damn. On either configuration, I wouldn't have accurately guessed the optimum shift point as both seemed to rev freely to redline like a demented thing.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)