View Single Post

Garage
Stock Diablo (or any other $200k+ car) isn't fair comparison with stock 930, but then a 930 is relatively easy to modify to create supercar+ performance and at a fraction of the cost, while remaining light, user-friendly and reliable. I can't imagine leaving a 930 stock but many obviously disagree with me and do.

Haven't had the pleasure of driving a Diablo, but my experiences in a Countach reminded me of a Testarossa -- and as others have said here, I too personally hated the lack of rearward visibility. Surely I've been spoiled by Porsche in that regard. V12 sounds are glorious indeed and Italians do use fantastic leather, but their seats don't seem to fit my backside worth a damn and I much prefer Porsche/Recaro sport seat fitment (Ferrari Challenge seats aside).

I love looking at the Italian machinery, but prefer driving and owning a 930 because I'm a racer at heart and by hobby. Even with my 930's fairly radical sport clutch I don't drop it really hard @ launch but then it's not been necessary [so far] to win street battles. Me thinks the newer/late model "victims" must be using traction control (i.e. Z06) because they're not lighting 'em up at the light like the older ones, so they're getting better launches, but by the time I'm grabbing for 3rd my 930 has velocity advantage and it's a win from there. As for rolling down the highway, there's nothing like dropping into 2nd and launching from there throwing flames big time out the back! Must be a fun show from behind! LOL ;-)
Old 10-31-2007, 11:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)