Thread: Turbo/Cam combo
View Single Post

My thought is that it's a judgment call based on your personal values. I have what the PO installed and I think it's a pretty good choice for a street car. K27-7200, and SC cams. This combined with the GHL exhaust starts to build boost at 2400 rpm. I have 1 bar by 2700 rpm which makes the car usable on the street over a wide rev range.

What would I do differently? I have the next steps in rough order as: Modified fuel head for the safety of the engine, seal/mask the IC to the tail so that it is as effective as possible, then move to the a newer turbo like a k27hf or hfs.

My biases for a street car are: 1. Reliable conservative technology 2. broad usable power band 3. incremental changes so that I can continue to drive the car (radical makeovers on these cars seem to take them off the road for years with "one more thing" ;-)
Old 11-02-2007, 10:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)