Thread: Turbo/Cam combo
View Single Post

Hey BIll,

I definitely have boost creep. I have a .8 bar spring in there and I get just a little over 1 bar. So far it hasn't been destructive to the engine and I am OK with 1 bar. My only caveat would be with the GHL muffler. It was a little too resonant around 2200 to 2800 rpm for my taste. I switched to the Fabspeed for that reason and might soon give RarlyL8's a try. I had to uninstall a badly-done stereo and weld up the holes first, now I'm installing a better/complete sound pad behind the back seats. I love the quick spin-up, I just don't want to be deaf before I'm 50 ;-)

PDQ, let's talk about this "wasting it" thing. I am wondering if this is the racer in you wanting the most out of the mods or if I'm going to notice something new and bad if I upgrade the turbo. Right now I don't notice the car falling off before redline. Maybe a real dyno would point this out to me, I don't know. In your experience, am I going to notice a drop off with a better turbo like "it's faster to 5500 rpm and then falls back to k27-7200 levels? If I can get a faster spool with the same or more power I would consider it a win for an amateur driver like myself. If I'm going to get a kick in the pants and then a letdown that might change my direction. What do you think?

Last edited by ayglass; 11-02-2007 at 03:22 PM..
Old 11-02-2007, 03:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)