Thread: Turbo/Cam combo
View Single Post

Garage
Definitely yes, I do want to maximize the mods, but not to the point of hurting driveability or reliability. Pretty much everything with CIS turbo is going to be some kind of compromise I suppose, but there's definitely a balance that can be struck to satisfy most tastes.

I just don't think you'll get your $ worth to change to higher flow turbo keeping SC cams (that won't efficiently use the top end), but others like Stephen/Imagine Auto are experts with a lot more data & experience than I have.

I'll have some empirical data to provide when I get my 930 off the rack with her new K27HF turbo (replacing Kokeln/Turbonetics unit). :-) My prior setup was an all or [almost] nothing power situation (the proverbial on/off switch). Very exciting when the boost came on indeed but a real handful and too scary to let the wife out in! (speaking of compromises ;-) So I'm adding an adjustable WUR to clean up the low-to-midrange efficiency, quicker spooling turbo with more than enough top end for my cams and a Tial wastegate with controller. Engine is setup for up to 1.2 bar boost but the dyno results will be deciding factor on how high she'll be able to go. It won't start spooling as low as yours, but the mid-range should be stronger and the top end a full WOW factor beyond. LOL ;-) We'll see!!!
Old 11-02-2007, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)