View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Sounds like you may need the expansion chamber version with no sound deadening material.

I just finished installing the setup. Took maybe 15 minutes to get my dual outlet muffler and waste gate dump tube off and install the new stuff. 8 nuts and your done. Gotta love that.

I'll fire it up in the morning. The wild card is the change in tone going from a full tailpipe with a 180* bend to a short tailpipe with no bend plus sound deadening material packed in the chamber. I expect the actual noise level to be the similar but the tinny edge to be taken out. That tinny edge may be what you are looking for. If so then I'll have a set made up with no packing material.

You are right about the Zork. They sound really great going down the road and on boost but at idle the turbo chopps up the flow and the note is just dead. One thing I have noticed though is if you crank your idle down to ~850rpm or so it sounds much better. My mufflers sound even more muscle-car at a lower idle as well.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)