View Single Post
"I am the liquor..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
Sounds like you may need the expansion chamber version with no sound deadening material.

I just finished installing the setup. Took maybe 15 minutes to get my dual outlet muffler and waste gate dump tube off and install the new stuff. 8 nuts and your done. Gotta love that.

I'll fire it up in the morning. The wild card is the change in tone going from a full tailpipe with a 180* bend to a short tailpipe with no bend plus sound deadening material packed in the chamber. I expect the actual noise level to be the similar but the tinny edge to be taken out. That tinny edge may be what you are looking for. If so then I'll have a set made up with no packing material.
Being that sound/noise is so very subjective, it's hard to make a call. I think I've mentioned to you, that the guy one street over from me in my neighborhood has an '84 with the original B&B dual. Looks very little like the one being manufactured today by B&B. It's the most amazing sound; some slight whistling is there, the burbling, gurgling, some slight backfiring, but it's also very refined. It's a tad louder than the Fabspeed dual.

I dunno, keep in mind my 930 sees the student drop-off line at my kids school every morning! So maybe I should be cautious of pushing too far into zork territory.

Awaiting to hear your thoughts after you've spent some time listening to it, and comparing it to the first one with the 180 bend...
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 11-03-2007, 06:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)